Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back in Bombay but... with the parents

After finally beginning to get somewhere with my work here in Bombay, my gains have been cut short by a visit from parents, who came all the way from New York City to visit me.
Although I am soooo excited to have them here, I am bummed about not being able to get work done, I just don't want to be away for so long and have everyone at my fieldwork site forget me.
Hopefully they wont.

On to the fun stuff: I have been introducing my parents to Bombay. We did the standard Colaba tour, I showed them around Bandra (where I live), took them to my field site to visit, went to Elephanta Island, and saw a bollywood movie (Billu Barber) which was not as bad as I thought it would be and which my parents liked a lot probably because they could not understand the script. We have also been doing a lot of eating at some great restaurants my friends recommended. It has been wonderful to introduce my parents to coastal Indian food, as oppose to the north Indian food that is more easily found in the USA. All in all, its been nice to explore Bombay with them, especially since I have not had time to explore it myself.
Next stop: Kerala

No comments: